What is Acrylic?
Acrylic, also known as PMMA or plexiglass, its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate,there are different types of acrylic sheet,such as extrude acrylic sheet;cast acrylic sheet;acrylic mirror sheet and so on. It is an important plastic polymer material that has been developed long time ago. It’s high transparency, high chemical stability and weather resistance, also easy dyeing, easy processing, and with excellent appearance. It has a wide range of applications in the construction industry.
The advantage of acrylic sheet?
1. High transparency
Transparent acrylic sheet light transmittance is above 92%
2. Excellent weather resistance
It is highly adaptable to the natural environment. Even if it is exposed to sunlight, wind and rain for a long time, its col will not change.
3. Good processing performance
Suitable for cutting and thermoforming,we can use it to make all kinds of crafts, such as acrylic boxes, acrylic display standard,acrylic table sneeze guard,photo frames, display cards, display bases, etc.
3. Excellent comprehensive performance
Acrylic sheets can be dyed into many different cols, and the surface can be painted, silk-screened or vacuum coated
5. Non-toxic, even if it is in long-term contact with skin directly, it is harmless
The disadvantage of acrylic sheet?
1. The product has low hardness and the surface is easy to scratch
2. Not resistant to high temperatures
3. The price is much more expensive than ordinary glass
How process acrylic sheet?
Acrylic sheets have good processing properties, which can be thermoformed (including compression molding, blow molding and vacuum molding), or mechanical processing methods such as drilling, turning, cutting, etc. The mechanical cutting and engraving controlled by a microcomputer not only greatly improves the processing accuracy, but also produces patterns and shapes that cannot be completed by traditional methods. In addition, the acrylic sheet can be laser cut and laser engraved to produce products with peculiar effects. "
What should I pay attention to when using acrylic sheet?
1. Acrylic sheet cannot be stored in the same place with other organic solvents, let alone contact with organic solvents.
2. During transportation, the surface protective film or protective paper cannot be scratched.
3. It cannot be used in an environment where the temperature exceeds 85°C.
4. When cleaning the acrylic sheet, only 1% soapy water is needed. Use a soft cotton cloth dipped in soapy water. Do not use hard objects or dry wipes, otherwise the surface will be easily scratched.
5. Acrylic plate has a large thermal expansion coefficient, so the expansion gap should be reserved due to temperature changes.
What is the application of acrylic sheet ?
1. Architectural applications: shop windows, soundproof doors and windows, lighting shades, telephone booths, etc.
2. Advertising applications: light boxes, signs, signs, display racks, etc.
3. Transportation applications: doors and windows of trains, automobiles and other vehicles.
4. Medical applications: baby incubators, various surgical medical appliances, civilian products: bathroom facilities, handicrafts, cosmetics, brackets, aquariums, etc.
5. Industrial applications: instrument surface panels and protective covers, etc.
6. Lighting applications: fluorescent lamps, chandeliers, street lampshades, etc.
7.Acrylic sheet for fish tank,Acrylic sheet for swimming pool.
What is the different cols of acrylic sheet?
he acrylic sheet is easy to dye,so there are different cols of acrylic sheet,such as clear acrylic sheet;black acrylic sheet;white acrylic sheet;colourful acrylic sheet;iridescent acrylic sheeet;textured acrylic sheet;colored acrylic sheet;opaque acrylic sheet;translucent acrylic sheet and so on. If you want see our col catalogue,please contact with me,we can provide acrylic col catalogue for free.
What size acrylic sheet can you do?
We can provide variety size of acrylic sheet,here is the most common size for your reference / 4*8 acrylic sheet / acrylic sheet cut to size / 24 x 36 acrylic sheet / 48 x 96 acrylic sheet
What is the thickness of acrylic sheet can you make?
The thickness we can make is from 1mm to 200mm,the below thickness is what we normally make. 1mm acrylic sheet / 2mm acrylic sheet / 1/2 inch acrylic sheet / 1/8 acrylic sheet / 1/4 inch acrylic sheet / 3/8 inch acrylic sheet / 3/16 acrylic sheet / 3mm acrylic sheet
What is the different types of acrylic sheet?
here are different types of acrylic sheets,such as extrude acrylic sheet;cast acrylic sheet;acrylic mirror sheet;acrylic thick sheet;acrylic thin sheet;opaque acrylic sheet;glitter acrylic sheet;two color acrylic sheet.HSQY plastic group is the famous acrylic manufacturer in China,our quality and service are competitive in the market,you are welcome to contact with us.